Are you looking for a quiet and well-equipped room in the middle of Prague that can be used free of charge and is open to everyone? Then the Foyer² in the Goethe-Institut is just right for you.
About the Foyer²
It is no secret that there is a lack of public interiors in Prague where you can work with a good infrastructure without being committed to consumption – particularly in Prague 1. Do you want to sit down with your business partners or hold a presentation for your colleagues? Then come to the Goethe-Institut and discover the offer of the Foyer2.
While the Café Goethe is aimed at consumers and the library for visitors who work in silence for themselves, the Foyer2 is a co-working space: It provides the necessary infrastructure to sit down with a laptop, log onto the Internet, and bring along food to consume or make phone calls. In short: to work alone or in small groups with others.
A total of 121 m² of work space, flexible seating and standing space, tables, chairs, stools, a projector and a big screen – these are just a few examples of the equipment that you can use for your work in Foyer² for free. A fast Internet connection goes without saying. And on top of that there is a breathtaking view of the Prague Castle …
When can you use the Foyer2?
Tuesday, 19.11.2019, 14:00 – 18:00
Tuesday, 26.11.2019, 10:00 – 14:00
Tuesday, 03.12.2019, 14:00 – 18:00
Wednesday, 11.12.2019, 14:00 – 18:00
Tuesday, 17.12.2019, 10:00 – 14:00
- Please pay attention to the general order and cleanliness in the house and do not bother others
- Please look after your wardrobe and valuables, as the Goethe-Institut does not assume liability for that. There is the possibility to hand over the wardrobe to the cloakroom at any time.
- Please treat each other with consideration
- You are not allowed to smoke in the building of the Goethe-Institut, please use the courtyard for that
- Would you like to use the technical equipment of the Foyer2 (projector, screen)? Then please contact the supervisors of the room.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to rent the whole Foyer2 for myself?
No. The open Foyer2 should remain open to everyone who is looking for a quiet workplace.
May I come with children?
Yes. On the first floor we also have a nice children’s room where your children can play, read or watch movies while you work.
May I bring my dog / cat / little elephant?
Unfortunately, no. We love animals, but you should rather use the park opposite the building for that.
Is it allowed to eat your own food in the foyer?
Of course. You can also take drinks and food from the Café Goethe on the ground floor with you to the Foyer2.
Still having questions? Just write a mail to Sharedcities.Prag@goethe.de
Read the article from Adam Gebrian on the attempt to open up a distinguished Institution.